Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy Bastille Day!

Happy Bastille Day everyone! You might think that I'm out enjoying the parade, or dancing in the streets, or some other such nonsense, but no, I am curled up in my home, safe from the ridiculous weather that Paris is having today.

It started out sunny enough, but in no time at all, the clouds rolled in.


The wind picked up and started to howl around the buildings.


Then came the rail, first in bursts, then in a complete and thorough downpour. Then came the lightening, thunder, and more wind. Did you know that "hail" in French is "grĂȘle"?

Tonight I meet my parents at the train station for their visit to Paris. I hope this ridiculousness ends before they arrive so that we can watch the fireworks over the Eiffel tower tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment