Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cookies!!!!

Ovvy got his first real test today with chewy chocolate cookies.


I mixed the dough by hand in my Ikea bowl, using the awesome spatula that Diego gave me. I miss my KitchenAid mixer!


This morning I tried to buy a cookie sheet at one of the really awesome professional kitchen stores here in Paris, but my oven was too small for the sheets they sold. Instead I bought a mini-tart tin, which looked like it would allow me to make a dozen cookies in minimal space.


I was right! They came out perfectly!


And they tasted delicious!

Here's the recipe (which I created by trial and error from several other recipes):

Chewy Chocolate Cookies
3/4 c. (150g) white granulated sugar
1/2 c. (100g) salted butter, room temp
1 egg
1 t. vanilla extract (reduce to 1/2 t. if using the strong French syrup-style vanilla)
1/2 t. baking soda (bicarbonate)
3/8 c. (45g) cocoa powder
1 c. (120g) all-purpose flour (bio type 65)

Mix together sugar and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in soda and cocoa powder. Add flour. Mix well. Bake for 10 minutes, at 325F (165C) for dark pans and 350F (175C) for light metal pans. Enjoy warm with ice cream or cool with a glass of milk!

1 comment: