Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Heart

Today I went to our Research Center's new year's celebration. Apparently many French companies do them - you have a party, there are speeches about the last year and what to look forward to this year, etc, etc. Its actually quite nice! And I'm not just saying that because there was a pastry buffet with champagne at the end! Anyways, it was a nice afternoon.

When I got home, I had another nice surprise waiting for me: my friend Sungyon had messaged me! We might be going to the same conference this year! That would be great, because its been almost a year and a half since we were last in the same place! And then I started thinking about it. I met her when we both started grad school. 2004. We spent New Year's together, chilling and knitting, probably somewhere around 2007. We both went to Paris together to visit another lab mate friend in 2008. She had already graduated and was doing a postdoc in France when I was in Paris the summer of 2010. And our next meet up? Beijing in August, assuming our papers get accepted to the conference. My heart is so full. I have so many wonderful friends, so many wonderful people in my life. And I am lucky enough that they are spread around the globe, so I can run into them in all sorts of wonderful places.

Team Peko in 2007:

No comments:

Post a Comment