Friday, January 27, 2012

Bambi

This has been a Bambi week. In other words "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". So I'm sorry its been a bit quiet on the blogging front, so I'll try to catch up since a lot of really great things happened today!

First of all, I FINALLY got my receipt stating that I have turned in all my documents for my resident permit. I was supposed to get this two months ago, before my entry visa expired. Anyways, through a ridiculous series of events, I finally got it today, thanks to the help of two incredible ladies! (More about that in another post.)


"Look, Mom, I'm official!"

And then the next, and possibly even more incredible thing happened when I got home. Diego's birthday present to me arrived early!


"Hello, I'm Ovvy the Oven!"

DIEGO IS AMAZING!!!!!! He bought me a totally kickass oven for my birthday!!!! I've already preheated it and tomorrow I'll pick out which recipe to use to inaugurate it. My lab mates better get ready for some cookies on Monday!!!

Just incredible, from 3000 miles away, that guy still knows exactly what to do to make me get all teary-eyed and know that he is thinking about how to make me smile every minute. I am so lucky!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a fantastic present! And I can't even imagine how he managed to get you an oven while you're living in Paris!

    ReplyDelete