Saturday, January 7, 2012

Making it more like home

My tiny apartment is very nice, but the longer I'm here, the more I am annoyed by the fact that it doesn't feel like me. Its clearly decorated by a 55+ woman with a penchant for country chic. Which just isn't me. A few months ago I did an initial sweep, taking down her pictures and the painting of her as a child. But while I was in the States, I got some Christmas presents to make my apartment feel more MINE.

First, Mom made me some lovely pillow covers for the frilly pillows on the daybed.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

So much better! Thanks Mom!

And right as I was about to get on the airplane, Diego gave me the same shower curtain from our old apartment. (Well, a new version of it, an old shower curtain is kind of gross!)


This shower curtain reminds me of our old apartment. When we first moved in, I was very opinionated about the shower curtain for the bathroom. He let me have my way, and after two days of it hanging in the bathroom, I finally agreed with him that it looked horrible in our bathroom. He returned it for me and brought home this one, with subtle white leaves on it. He said the shape of the leaves echoed the grey oval tiles on the walls. He was right, of course! Every time I see the new shower curtain in my bathroom, I smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment