Friday, September 30, 2011

Punting in Cambridge

One of the things I told Tanya that we absolutely had to do while I was in Cambridge was go punting. I had visited twice before and never managed to do the quintessentially Cambridge activity.


So, with my visit winding down, Tanya invited me to come on a punting trip with the new group of Marshall Scholars. We rented punts from St. John's College (where two of the Marshalls were members) and ventured out onto the River Cam.


We managed to avoid most collisions and maneuvered up and down the river for almost two hours! We returned the punts right before closing at 6:30pm, but that also meant that we got to see King's lit up with beautiful late-afternoon light.


Nothing like a little history along with your uni education, huh?

1 comment: