Sunday, September 25, 2011

Oxford rendezvous

Thanks to the incredible internet connections at both the University of Cambridge and the University of Oxford, posts with pictures from London and Cambridge have been delayed until I return to Paris (a country with both a universal right to healthcare and a universal right to wifi).

But a quick post with news from Oxford....

I arrived from Cambridge with a minimum amount of annoyance (thank you, closed Circle Line), and met a nice woman from the NSF while I was checking in. We found our way to our dorm building together and I invited her to dinner! She scoped out the town and found us a nice bistro. On the walk back to our dorm building, I ran into my labmate Thomas, who currently lives in Oxford! Small town, small world. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment