Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A British Maths Conference

Yes, I said "MathS" in the title! Because that's how they say it here!

The conference is going well. I'm connecting with a whole different set of people than the ones I normally meet. Also, they are math(s) people, just the sort of people I need to collaborate with (so that I don't have to do all the calculations myself). And best of all, my advisor is here! (I guess I should say former advisor, but heck, she's still advising me on everything from academics to life!). So its been a productive few days for meeting people and working on papers.

My only complaint? INTERNET! Seriously, no wifi, slower than dialup speeds, and the connection only works for 30 seconds to one minute before dropping out for 10 or 15 minutes! This is worse than when I lived in New Zealand! And that was a tiny island in the middle of the Pacific! So no pictures, just use your imagination (imagine small British town, old stone university buildings, some pubs, you get the idea). And wait for Thursday when I make it back to Paris, the land of INTERNET!

No comments:

Post a Comment