Sunday, July 29, 2012

Yummy!

Sometimes, funny coincidences happen.  You might call it luck, or fate, or divine intervention.  Whatever it is, its great when it happens. Last week I was browsing Facebook and I ran across a post from King Arthur Flour (yes, I'm a baking nerd) about conversions between ingredient volume measurements and weights.  As I went to comment on the post, I noticed that someone had commented two posts above mine that even bakers in France like KAF.  Really? I hadn't noticed KAF in any grocery store I'd been to in France, but it was my go-to flour in the States.  So I followed the link from the other poster to a place called Paris Bread Co. The wonderful, sweet, and talented Shelley makes North American foods just two metro stops from where I live in Paris!!!

So I ordered my treats for the weekend and yesterday I arrived to pick up my yummies.  She calls it her "test kitchen", but really its her home!  She and her husband kindly invited me in and showed me where the magic happens (her kitchen is the size of my apt, I'm not sure if that says more about her kitchen or my apt). She also chatted with me about life in France, comparisons back to North America (Shelley is Canadian, so we compared continent to continent), and how to settle in here.  And as if that wasn't enough, I got to meet her charming French Canadian husband, who is a painter selling his artwork here in Paris!  A completely lovely couple.  I'm hoping to go to a few of the expat meetup dinners at their apartment in the fall.

And I'll definitely be back for more baked goods!  This was my haul from yesterday: Challah and a cinnamon-raisin bagel.


Mmmmm, look at the flecks of cinnamon and the golden raisins in this bagel!  So delicious smeared with creamy french butter!


No comments:

Post a Comment