Monday, July 2, 2012

Drifting

The highs and lows from a few weeks ago have settled down and now I feel like I'm drifting a bit as summer begins.  The brief visits from American friends last week and the impending vacations of my lab mates and permanent departures of three of my French friends has me more nostalgic than I've been in a while.  I know that summer always does this to me.  Maybe I'm still tied to the academic clock - summer means freedom, but also friends leaving and paths diverging.  I used to get really restless in Boston in the summers too, but usually a few weekend trips with friends would cure that.  Here, I don't know what will be my fix.  I actually miss french class (someone remind me that I said this come the fall when I'm complaining about my new lessons).  I'm already debating taking off a slew of Mondays just to fix my "omg, its MONDAY" feelings for a few weeks.  Other than that, I think I'll try burying myself in work for a while and see if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment