Monday, July 2, 2012

Culbiture & dinner

Last week, I organized my first Culbiture event while our normal fearless leader was off doing experiments at the Cyclotron. 

No pictures from the Degas and the Nude exhibition because no cameras were allowed, but suffice to say that I enjoyed the exhibition very much (as did all the guys who joined me from lab, apparently I need to work on my French vocab of certain body parts.) 

After the museum, we walked to the Right Bank for dinner.  It was 9pm but the sun was still shining through the clouds, over the Concorde and the Arc de Triomphe.


For dinner, we went to H.A.N.D. (Have A Nice Day), an American restaurant in the 1st district.


Peanut butter milkshake anyone?


The food was very American, but the staff were très français.


The burgers were good and the cornflake-breaded chicken was pretty authentic too.  The only thing that veered a little off course was the hash brown that was really more like a latke.  Still delicious, just not exactly the same thing.


The prices were decent, especially for the location.  We might go back again sometime we need a quick but yummy burger on the Right Bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment