Sunday, May 27, 2012

Outlet Shopping near Paris

Nothing is open on Sundays in Paris, except for the Chinese restaurants and the outlet mall.  Today I went to La Vallée Village, an upscale outlet mall to the east of Paris on the RER-A train.


It looks just like the outlet mall near Boston.  They even have Starbucks!  They had some stores that are very common in the States (like Puma, Nike, Coach, and Ralph Lauren), so I didn't bother with them.  Instead I hit up many of the European labels and other places that I like: Burberry, Longchamp, Missoni, Armani, Chantelle, Dolce&Gabbana, Givenchy, Jimmy Choo, Versace, and Valentino.  I found the PERFECT graduation dress, but I accidentally picked it up from the Valentino Label side of the store instead of the RED Valentino side and had to put it back because it cost 1500 Euros.  But it was very cute!  (And on sale! But still not a good deal.)  

Overall, the deals were decent.  Things were off-season or last-season, but still mostly top-quality things that I recognized from the regular stores.  Usually the markdown was about 30%.  Things don't really go on sale much in France, so 30% off is really good, plus some clearance stuff was down to 50% off.

I picked up a few things: a graduation dress, a cute scarf, and a present.  Can you guess which is which??


No comments:

Post a Comment