Monday, May 24, 2010

translation woes begin

When I arrive in France, I will leave Paris almost immediately for a conference that is on the French Riviera. This is, of course, awesome. I love conferences and I am excited to meet a whole bunch of really cool people that I admire while having the gorgeous background of the French Mediterranean. The conference website is nicely written in English but when I registered for the conference either I flipped my "nom" and "pronom" or the site was reversed in translation, so currently my first name appears as my last name and my last name appears as my first name on all of the conference information. I already emailed a month ago (in French, thank you French-speaking-roommate) to ask to have it changed and still, I am listed as Firstname, Lastname. I can barely say "Hello, my name is" in French, how the heck am I going to explain this mixup in another language? Ah well, here comes another adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment